Palm Springs, California
Office: (760) 775-3739
Cell: (562) 824-4007
Fax: (760) 347-9413
As a California Criminal Trial Lawyer with over 30 years of courtroom experience, JOHN PATRICK DOLAN has handled everything from traffic tickets to death penalty murder cases. Dolan is a recognized California State Bar Certified Specialist in Criminal Law and a true courtroom veteran.
As an author, JOHN PATRICK DOLAN has written twelve, best-selling books, including his classic Negotiate like the Pros. He is a recognized international authority on negotiation and conflict resolution. And, just to show that he does not take himself too seriously, he is also the co-author of the wildly popular Lawyer’s Joke Book.
A communications veteran, John Patrick Dolan is a radio broadcaster and television legal news analyst appearing frequently on Fox News Channel, MSNBC, and Court TV. He has also been honored by the National Speakers Association as a member of the Professional Speakers Hall of Fame.
In addition to his professional legal experience, John Patrick Dolan serves as CEO of LawTalk MCLE, Inc., a continuing legal education company.
John Patrick Dolan is a native Californian. He grew up in Huntington Beach, California”Surf City USA.” He is a life long drummer. His rock and roll band “The Wild Ones” was his passion during his younger days. His undergraduate studies at California State University Fullerton yielded a Bachelor degree in Speech Communication and Political Science. During his college years, John Patrick Dolan was recognized as a nationally ranked debater. His debating performance at one national event, was described by Professor Laurence Tribe as a “Tour de Force.”
John Patrick Dolan attended Western State University College of Law, from which he graduated in 1977 with a J.D. degree. During Law School he served as a law clerk and sat second chair on numerous criminal cases including two murder trials. Additionally, he supported himself during law school as a stockbroker for Merrill Lynch. Dolan passed the California Bar Exam and was sworn into practice in 1978. He is admitted to practice in California and numerous Federal jurisdictions. Additionally, he is admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of the United States of America, originally sponsored by F. Lee Bailey.
John Patrick Dolan lives in Southern California with his wife, Irene the Queen, his daughter Andrea “A.J.”. When not involved in the practice of law, broadcasting, or professional speaking, John Patrick Dolan spends his time playing racquetball and practicing Shotokan Karate. He is a black belt!
John Patrick Dolan is a California State Bar Certified Specialist in Criminal Law
Certification as a Specialist in Criminal Law is the highest achievement awarded by the State Bar of California to attorneys in the field of criminal law.
A Certified Specialist is more than just an attorney who specializes in a particular area of law. A California attorney who is certified as a Specialist by the Board of Specialization of the State Bar of California must have taken and passed intensive written examinations specifically in the field of Criminal Law. They must have demonstrated a high level of experience and proficiency in Criminal Law, fulfilled specific ongoing education requirements, and been favorably evaluated through peer review by other attorneys and judges familiar with their work.
A Certified Criminal Law Specialist can:
- Fully advise you!
- Vigorously defend you!
- Help protect your rights!
- Effectively handle your case from start to finish!
“The more complicated your situation, the more reason to consider hiring an attorney who specializes in Criminal Law and who is committed through certification to keeping up her or his proficiency through continual practice and continuing education.”
[The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization]
John Patrick Dolan is a member in good standing of:
- The California State Bar Association
- The Orange County Bar Association
- California Attorneys for Criminal Justice
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- National College for DUI Defense, Inc.
Areas of Practice:
- Criminal Law
- Traffic Violations
- White Collar Crimes
- Criminal Law, California State Bar
- California, 1978
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Western State University College of Law, Fullerton, California, 1977
- California State University, Fullerton, California, USA
- Bachelor degree
- Major: Speech Communication and Political Science
- Negotiate like the Pro’s
- Co-Author, Lawyer’s Joke Book
Honors and Awards:
- AV Preeminent (Highest) Martindale-Hubbell Rated
- Martindale-Hubbell® PEER REVIEW RATINGS™ reflect a combination of achieving a Very High General Ethical Standards rating and a Legal Ability numerical rating. A threshold number of responses is required to achieve a rating. AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment – a testament to the fact that a lawyer’s peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence.
- Professional Speakers Hall of Fame
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- The California State Bar Association-Member
- The Desert Bar Association-Member
- California Attorneys for Criminal Justice- Member
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers- Member
- National College for DUI Defense, Inc.- Member