Record Expungement Lawyer in Palm Springs
If you were convicted or plead guilty to a crime in California, you may be able o have your conviction reduced from a felony to a misdemeanor, or have a misdemeanor removed from your record. Even if removing a conviction doesn’t seem very important now, it may become critical in your future. At The Dolan Law Offices, we can help you:
- Reduce a felony to a misdemeanor
- If you have a felony conviction in California and the crime was a “wobbler” — an offense that can be charged and punished as either a felony or a misdemeanor — then John Patrick Dolan can help you request the court to reduce the crime to a misdemeanor.
- Expunge/remove a misdemeanor from your record
- If you were convicted of a misdemeanor then according to California Penal Code section 1203.4, you may be permitted to expunge (or clear) this from your record. Removing the misdemeanor from your record might make it easier to find a better job, because, in most cases, you will no longer be required to state your conviction on your job application. Expungements aren’t always obtainable, but as an experienced attorney, John Patrick Dolan can evaluate your particular circumstances and determine if this is the right course of action.
- Obtain a Certificate of Rehabilitation
Life is hard enough without having a conviction for a felony or misdemeanor sex offense continuously haunting you. If you have served your time and no longer remain on probation or parole, than a certificate of rehabilitation could help clear your record and get you back on track. The certificate of rehabilitation is a court order declaring that an individual has been rehabilitated. If granted, the court will send the certificate to the governor where it will automatically become an application for pardon.
Is an expungement for a felony conviction really possible?
You may have heard that expungement of a felony charge is nearly impossible. In fact it is difficult and is one important reason to make sure that your criminal defense attorney fights hard to have your original charges reduced to a misdemeanor, or fights to get a sentence that will allow for a certificate of rehabilitation upon successful completion of a rehab program. However, expunging a felony conviction is not impossible for an experienced criminal defense attorney. John Patrick Dolan is an experienced criminal law attorney and he understands the best strategies for protecting your future.
Contact us to schedule a free consultation about an expungement or getting a fresh start with a clear criminal record.