Palm Springs Underage DUI Defense Attorney
California has enacted some of the toughest law in the nation when concerning underage DUI. If you are under the age of 21 and driving inebriated you will be charged with underage DUI in Palm Springs with a blood alcohol content (BAC) as low as 0.01%. If your BAC reached 0.05% or greater you may be charged with both underage DUI and regular DUI combined.
If convicted of underage drunk driving you will lose your license for a year or until your 18th birthday, whichever is greater. Additionally, a judge may order the following underage DUI penalties:
- Monetary fines that can amount in the hundreds of dollars.
- Vehicle Confiscation
- Obligatory Safe Driving Classes
- Mandatory Alcohol & Drug Abuse Classes
- Proof of financial responsibility in order to have your license restored after suspension.
Long Term Consequences of an Underage DUI Charge
- Employment Denial
- College Application Denial
- Inability to follow chosen career; If you are majoring in education or law an underage DUI conviction may make it impossible for you to continue working toward that chosen career.
It is important to keep in mind that an underage DUI conviction in combination with another crime or charge may make sentencing of said crime even greater for the charges can amount.
Minimizing the Impact of a Multiple DUI Conviction
Whenever possible, we help clients charged with a second, third, or fourth DUI avoid conviction. We know how to challenge the validity of the traffic stop, breathalyzer and BAC, and other aspects of your DUI arrest.
If you are convicted of a repeat DUI, we will work hard to minimize the penalties you face. Depending on the circumstances of your case, we will make recommendations alternative to jail time. This could include increased community service or other arrangements with the court based on the specific factors in your case.
For a free consultation with a prominent DUI defense attorney in Palm Springs contact John Patrick Dolan, a lawyer dedicated to your rights and focused on protecting your freedom from underage DUI charges.