Indio / Palm Springs Criminal Defense Attorney
Office: (760) 775-3739
Cell: (562) 824-4007
Fax: (760) 347-9413
As a California Criminal Trial Lawyer with over 40 years of courtroom experience, JOHN PATRICK DOLAN has handled everything from traffic tickets to death penalty murder cases. Dolan is a recognized California State Bar Certified Specialist in Criminal Law and a true courtroom veteran.
In addition to his professional legal experience, John Patrick Dolan serves as CEO of LawTalk MCLE, Inc., a continuing legal education company.
A native Californian, Dolan attended Western State University College of Law, from which he graduated in 1977 with a J.D. degree. During Law School he served as a law clerk and sat second chair on numerous criminal cases including two murder trials. Additionally, he supported himself during law school as a stockbroker for Merrill Lynch. Dolan passed the California Bar Exam and was sworn into practice in 1978. He is admitted to practice in California and numerous Federal jurisdictions. Additionally, he is admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of the United States of America, originally sponsored by F. Lee Bailey.
John Patrick Dolan is a California State Bar Certified Specialist in Criminal Law. Certification as a Specialist in Criminal Law is the highest achievement awarded by the State Bar of California to attorneys in the field of criminal law. A California attorney who is certified as a Specialist by the Board of Specialization of the State Bar of California must have taken and passed intensive written examinations specifically in the field of Criminal Law. They must have demonstrated a high level of experience and proficiency in Criminal Law, fulfilled specific ongoing education requirements, and been favorably evaluated through peer review by other attorneys and judges familiar with their work.
- Criminal Law, California State Bar
- California, 1978
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Western State University College of Law, Fullerton, California, 1977
- California State University, Fullerton, California, USA
- Bachelor degree
- Major: Speech Communication and Political Science
- Negotiate like the Pro’s
- Co-Author, Lawyer’s Joke Book
Honors and Awards:
- AV Preeminent (Highest) Martindale-Hubbell Rated
- Martindale-Hubbell® PEER REVIEW RATINGS™ reflect a combination of achieving a Very High General Ethical Standards rating and a Legal Ability numerical rating. A threshold number of responses is required to achieve a rating. AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment – a testament to the fact that a lawyer’s peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence.
- Professional Speakers Hall of Fame
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- The California State Bar Association-Member
- The Desert Bar Association-Member
- California Attorneys for Criminal Justice- Member
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers- Member
- National College for DUI Defense, Inc.- Member